Is inflation hitting your pocketbook where it hurts?
In his Q2 update, Rana Chauhan, Counsel’s Chief Investment Strategist, says while its natural for investors to anxious about inflation, with Central Banks taking aggressive action and demand beginning to slow, investors need to be rational and focus on the long-term.
"Inflation is a lagging indicator with no predictive power. It talks about the last 12 months, not the future 12 months".
Here are a few highlights:
- Inflation has come back with a shock
- Central banks are using all of their tools to normalize inflation
- Consumers also play a role through reduced spending
- Economists continue to forecast lower inflation later this year and into 2023
- If you have concerns, now is a good time to speak with your Financial Advisor